An intern’s job at CA is fast-moving and full of new experiences. We spoke with Alan Chin, Associate Accountant. Find out what he had to say about life at CA!
1. How is your time at CA setting you up for real-world experiences?
During my first few weeks, I had to adjust not only to waking up earlier (college life), but getting first-hand experience on what happens in my department. I learned new skills, fine-tuned my time management skills so I’m a calendar ninja and learned proper work-etiquette.
2. As a millennial, why do you think it’s important that we all “bring what we bring” to have different and unique perspectives?
One of the things that really attracted me to the company was the value CA puts on diversity and different perspectives. The “bring what we bring” phrase has personal meaning to me because I have witnessed the adversity my parents had to face growing up. I believe having a company embrace one’s own unique identity and perspectives is critical to growing a global brand and promotes acceptance of different cultures and values.
3. How does your role contribute to eliminating the barriers between ideas and outcomes for our customers?
I help ensure our customers get an accurate and comprehensive summary of our quarterly and yearly reports.
4. What would you say about the mentors and teams you’re working with at CA?
One of the best things about CA is the people. I have come across so many colleagues willing to help whenever I had a problem or just needed to talk. They made me feel comfortable with their openness, while offering great advice and support.
5. What advice do you have for others just starting out?
Put yourself out there and jump at opportunities when they present themselves. Each opportunity offers a chance to learn something new, while meeting great people in the process.